Little Girl Decorating Tree & Pencil Colours On Black Card

The two cards I'm sharing today are very different from each other...because this year I have tried my best not to make two cards that are the exact same...until last year I was still making a big bunch of cards assembly line style and just a handful of other cards...which also means that I have taken a long time to create all my cards and am still making a few...hopefully with better planning and some experience from this year,I will be able to do a much better job next year... :)

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I have repurposed the stamp set by Simon Says Stamp called Lila's Heart and instead of Lila holding a heart,I have placed a bauble in her hand and it looks like she is decorating the tree...

I created the background using printed cardstock for this card and used a cross stitch rectangle die to cut out the front panel...I added a red and green fringe scallop border at the top of this panel and adhered it to a white card base..

Then using the Altenew Night Before Christmas tree die, I die cut a tree and sponged in some Distress inks..I have used twisted citron and peeled paint shades here and splattered a bit of water for effect...I adhered this tree to the card front and added the coloured in baubles to it as well as the gold star on the top...I added the little on the side using some adhesive foam strips for a bit of dimension...

I decided not to add any embellishments on this card and I didn't add a sentiment either as I thought it would really crowd up the card...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

On my second card I have used Prismacolor pencils on black cardstock...I stamped and gold heat embossed the gift boxes as well as the sentiment and then coloured in on the images in various colours..I added some glossy accents on top and once dry,I adhered this panel to a textured yellow card base...

Although I can see the imperfections of my colouring in quite clear in the picture,they are not visible when I see it in person...I think I need to pay attention to the edges while colouring in...and sharpen those pencils too...ha ha..!!

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Thank you so much for visiting my blog...hope you will have a wonderful and blessed day ahead...happy crafting..!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , ,