Pretty Pansies For Altenew October 2017 Inspiration Challenge

For this month's Altenew inspiration challenge,there were three soft colours and a beautiful card by Lydia Evans to get inspired by...I am usually quite reluctant to use light colours so this was actually quite a challenge for me...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Here is the beautiful inspiration card and colours...


I wanted my card to be slightly larger than my usual A2 size to accommodate the design properly so I created a card base that was 4&1/4" x 6"....I then created the front panel from watercolour cardstock on which I applied water first then randomly added Gansai Tambi watercolours in green,light pink and gold shades...once dry,I cut it to size and adhered it to my card front...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

On a separate piece of white cardstock I stamped the Altenew Pretty Pansies layering stamp using Altenew crisp dye inks...for the flowers I have used coral berry,cotton candy and peach perfect and gold heat embossed the top layers and for the leaves I used parrot,bamboo and forest glades shades and decided not to add gold heat embossing on them...I cut these flowers and leaves out with my scissors as I didn't want a white border around them...

I then used the coordinating dies and die cut the flowers and leaves from gold foil cardstock which I have embossed using the Darice polka dot embossing folder...and now that all the elements of my card were ready,I adhered them to my card front using glue and adhesive foam squares in various thickness to add some interest and depth...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

For the sentiment,I first used a mirror stamp to create a solid colour base for the labels..I used cotton candy and peach perfect here and heat embossed the sentiment on the top layer...and finally I added a few gold Nuvo drops to embellish my card...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today...Hope you will have a happy and blessed day ahead...Happy crafting..!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , , , ,