Easy Stamp Painting - Two Cards,Two Techniques

I have tried the 'no line watercolouring' technique so many times and have failed miserably to get the right result...I probably need lots of practice but for now I have found an easy way out which gets me the look of hand-painted flowers so easily...maybe this has been tried and shared by others before but I haven't seen any tutorials/videos yet...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

For my first card I chose a lime green card base and die cut the top layer from watercolour cardstock....now for the fun part....I used the detail stamps from a rose layering stamp and and various Distress inks to stamp directly on the top layer....I used one colour at a time and with a water brush I quickly painted on the stamped area,spreading the ink out and painting a flower shape...I used my heat gun to dry the images and repeated the stamping and painting with other colours...I have used picked raspberry,spiced marmalade,candied apple,mustard seed and mowed lawn shades of Distress inks...

To add the gold splatter I had to roughly mask the painted section......I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a green label and layered it with a gold glitter label before adhering it to the top layer...

Finally before adhering the top layer to the card base,I ran the it through my Cuttlebug using a large rectangle cross stitch die...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I used a different...and much simpler idea for my second card....most of you would take one look at it and know exactly what I did to get the hand painted look in this card...

On a piece of watercolour cardstock,I stamped the dahlia and leaves outline images using a very light distress ink....I used a thin paintbrush and Peerless watercolours to paint on top of these stamped outlines...and my painting was done...tell me if I'm wrong but I think it looks hand painted.. :)

I then splattered some purple paint on the rest of the card and die cut the words 'love & hugs' from it...I then die cut the same words from orange craft foam and adhered it all back onto the card...to embellish my card I have used a few metallic orange sequins...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

I'm so happy you stopped by my blog today..hope will have a great day ahead...happy crafting...!!

Pri









Labels: , , , , , , ,