A Fairy Spinner Card

Interactive cards are so much fun...to make and to give...I don't know why I wasn't making them more often...today I'm sharing my very first slider card...

I chose a light blue textured cardstock for the card base and then die cut watercolour cardstock for the front of the card using a stitched rectangle die....I then sponged in some distress inks to create the background of the front panel..I have used shaded lilac,wilted violet and seedless preserves here...then using blueprint sketch distress ink and stars stencil, Printed the stars all over the panel...I also splattered some white paint on it..

Next,I started to assemble the spinner part of the card...firstly I cut out a coloured in image of the little fairy and then prepared the spinner disc by adhering two circle die cuts on each side of the disc...one circle gets attached to the back of the fairy image...

I then die cut the spinner channel out of the top layer I prepared earlier and adhered craft foam behind the front panel...I slotted in the fairy into the channel and then adhered the panel to the front of the card...

The spinner part is now ready,so all I had to do now was to add the sentiment and a few embellishments...

I have added a small video on my Instagram account if you'd like to see how this spinner card works/spins..

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my card today...Happy crafting...!!

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Labels: , , , , , , ,