Cards For Friends

The card's I'm sharing today have a common theme - they are for giving to friends - but the cards themselves are quite different from one another...in the first card I tried out light colours for the masked background and in the second card I have used kraft cardstock and a flower layering stamp set...

My first card is a simple one layer card and I have tried out the Masked Inking technique as shown in the tutorial by Jennifer McGuire..this is a great idea for adding depth and interest in a single layer card...

On a plain white card,I first stamped my images using black ink and coloured them in using light coloured pencils...I decided not to colour in the fairy itself so that it can stand out better and there are no colour clashes with the background....I then cut out masks for these stamped images and placed them on the card...

I then used some washi tape to mask two edges of the card and then used squeezed lemonade and salty ocean in the unmasked area taking care to slowly fade the colours near the top of the card and leave some white space as well....

Once all the masks were removed,the card was almost ready...all I had to do was add some Nuvo jewel drops to it...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

For my second card I have used a kraft cardstock card base and the same for the top layer....using a brown dye ink and the base layer of a layering flower stamp,I repeat stamped to create the background..I added a few dots with white gel pen in between the flowers...

I then stamped the sentiment on wide white strip of cardstock and stamped a flower next to it...after colouring in the flower using Prismacolor pencils,I cut out the excess cardstock leaving one section still connected to the sentiment section...

I stamped,coloured in and cut out another flower and placed it behind the sentiment before adhering it to the card front...just added a few Nuvo jewel drops to embellish this card..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade By Pri

Thank you so much for taking the time and visiting my blog today...Have a wonderful day ahead...!!

Pri

Labels: , , , , , , ,