Two Cards Using Cut Outs Die

I have never tried out word cut out dies before and today I'm sharing the first couple of cards I have made using them...I made the second card(the red and white one)first but it seemed a bit too simple and then my younger daughter came along and suggested that I make a shaker card...so I did... :)

For my first card I chose a black cardstock to make the card base and a plain bright yellow top layer....I simply placed the die where I wanted the cut out and ran it through my Cuttlebug...once that was done,I created the shaker element by adding a piece of acetate and black craft foam behind the top layer for the shaker element...after adding some bright coloured sequins inside the shaker 'well' I adhered it to the card base...

On a separate piece of cardstock,I stamped the cute birds from Clearly Besotted and coloured them in before cutting them out and placing them onto the card..I also adhered a few sequins to embellish the card...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade Card by PriCreated


Here is a close up shot of the shaker element...

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade Card by PriCreated

As I said,I made this second card first as I was just trying to see what results these dies gave....since my card size is a bit larger than the standard ones,these dies don't cover the top layer perfectly...I will be using a smaller card size with these dies next time...

The card base is plain red and the top layer is cut to size from white cardstock...I then placed the die about an inch from the top and die cut that part...then using bright colours from my Ranger dye inkpads,I stamped the large heart stamp repeatedly...

Finally I embellished the card using a lot of different coloured sequins..

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade Card by PriCreated

Thank you for taking the time and visiting my blog today...Have a wonderful day ahead...!!

Pri







Labels: , , , , , , ,