You Are In My Prayers

Australia being an island nation surrounded by treacherous waters, has a lot of lighthouses built to prevent shipwrecks....according to the Australian Lighthouses website, in the last 200 years it is estimated that around 350 lighthouses were built in Australia....I find them very fascinating and think about how important they were in the olden days up until there was a huge advancement in technology and navigational equipment...

The card I'm sharing today has a plain pink card base and the top layer has been created using watercolour cardstock and distress inks...I die cut the lighthouse from red as well as white cardstock and replaced some red sections of the lighthouse with the white ones...I also used the negative sections of the cloud border die cuts to use as waves and placed them on the card and placed the lighthouse die cut on one end....

The sentiment has been stamped directly onto the top layer and I used three strips of gold foil cardstock to create the effect of light being emitted from the lighthouse...finally I used the stitched rectangular die on the top layer to have an even stitched look on all edges...

Thanks for stopping by to take a look at my card today...Happy crafting...!

P

Me And My Daily Papercraft Blog - Handmade Card by PriCreated

Labels: , , , , ,