Post#58 Notepad Cover

Today I'm sharing a simple notepad cover with you....these notepads are usually sold three or four in a pack in most stores that sell stationery and even dollar stores and are very handy for making those all important 'lists'.....I am a 'to do list-maker' myself.....so I have quite a few notepads for my own use...what I don't like is that they look very ordinary and anyone can see what you have been writing on them...so it is a good idea to put on a cover and make them look beautiful and private at the same time...

Sam Donald on Pootles.co.uk  has a tutorial on how to measure and cover any notebook and its a great tutorial to understand the basics....but now after making quite a few notepad covers,I don't do too many calculations etc....I just measure the length and width of the notepad before starting out...

The length of the paper has to be a good few inches longer than the notepad...then I just pinch the sides and crease them to accommodate the thickness/height of the pad...the leftover flap of paper at the back has to be glued to the back cardboard of the notepad...

I have used a Kraft cardstock for the base and a printed Kraft cardstock for the top layer....and to decorate I've simply cut a square peice of plain kraft cardstock and rounded the corners...layered another square and stamped that with black ink....then added a banner with 'Just a note...' stamped on it....

Even if you are not a crafter,you can easily try covering notepads with whatever paper and/or decorations you have...

Hope you liked my notepad...

P





Labels: , , , ,